As anyone that deals with aircraft knows, at altitude dangerous ice often forms on an aircraft.
Depending on where the ice forms, it more often than not will change the aerodynamic characteristics of your aircraft, which affects the handling and thus the safety of the aircraft.
We have the model 450 aircraft de-icer (replacing the model 70 and model 140 de-icers) to help you deal with this issue.
Product Specifications Sheet – Model 450 De-Icer
The Model 450 De-Icing unit is a compact, efficient and reliable unit designed to meet the requirements of small to medium sized aircraft and includes the following features:
- – Constructed to exacting Boeing Specifications
- – Disc brakes with Manual Hand Brake
- – Can be towed – Max towing speed is 15km/Hr
- – Front jockey wheel and large grab handle for easy manoeuvrability
- – Wide wheel base and rigid frame create excellent stability
- – Operational components protected from damage and the weather within a tilting, strut assisted, stainless cover
- – Large capacity stainless tank – 450litre
- – Large 50cm diameter removable tank lid for ease of filling
- – Corrosion resistant galvanised steel sub frame
- – 5.5hp petrol Honda driven compressor unit
- – 12 litre air tank
- – Grundfos circulation pump to maintain even temperature
- – Verderair air operated diaphragm pump – provides consistent flow
- – Twin heating elements to provide a quicker heating time and more consistent temperature
- – DM640 Digital Thermometer for accurate temperature control
- – 30-meter auto lock and retract Food Jet 80-NW12 hose with hand gun (WP 80Bar /BP 240Bar / 150oC)
- – 240 Volt heater
- – Emergency Stop Button
- – Capable of de-icing 2-3, B737 Aircraft before the need to refill and reheat
If you have any questions about this product, please contact us or use the contact form below.